Tourism Industries Canadian Travel to the U.S. and Forecast - Chart #24
  Previous   Back to Index Page   Next
Printing Note: Set your print mode to landscape and/or reduce your margin settings if this document is too wide for your printer.

Three-quarters (75%) of all Canadian travel was for pleasure, a combination of vacation and visiting friends and relatives (VFR). Business and "other" purposes accounted for the remaining 25 percent. Vacation travel decreased from 1997 by 5 percentage points while business travel increased by 3 points.
Chart #24 Purpose of Trip

Purpose of Trip

Previous   Back to Index Page   Next