TI News: An information service provided by the Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (OTTI)
January 04, 2013
Additions to Canada Page on TINET
The U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI) is pleased to announce additions to the Canada page on the TINET website. This site is your one-stop source for data and information from OTTI. Persons interested in the Canada traveler market and in Canada travel data will gain access to the following new items:
- 2011 data tables containing state-level volume by each of a dozen travel attributes (PDF format);
- Canadian Travel to the United States 2011 annual report, providing a comprehensive review of travel by Canadians to the United States in 2011 (PDF format);
- New METHODOLOGY section containing the following:
- Detailed description by Statistics Canada on their methodology used in conducting the International Travel Survey (ITS) program, from which the Canada travel data to the United States is collected (WORD format);
- 2007 survey questionnaire (PDF format) Several versions of this questionnaire containing minor tweaks have been in use for many years;
- 2013 survey questionnaire (Canada residents) (PDF format) The new version of the ITS questionnaire to launch in January 2013 represents a major overhaul of the 2007 version with a new look and feel, new questions, rearranged previous questions, and deleted questions. Users of Statistics Canada data on Canada residents' trips abroad should be fluent with this new questionnaire. NOTE: this resource will be made available when the questionnaire is released to the public in 2013!;
- An OTTI summary comparing the current 2007 questionnaire with the 2013 questionnaire. This summary highlights what's new, what's revised, and what's dropped in the 2013 questionnaire. NOTE: this resource will be made available when the questionnaire is released to the public in 2013!
- Annual Discover America Day presentation to the Discover America Committee-Canada (October 2012, PPT format);
- Updated Canada-Stats-At-A-Glance, a two-page periodic update of travel to and from Canada (PDF).
To access this new information, please click on the link below:
Manufacturing and Services' Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI) collects, analyzes and disseminates international travel and tourism statistics for the U.S. Travel and Tourism Statistical System.
For more detail information on U.S. international travel to the United States, please visit: http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/