TI News: An information service from the Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (OTTI)
August 12, 2013
Free Opportunity to Promote your destination or attraction in Kazakhstan
"American Dream" Travel and Education Expo
October 19, 2013
The U.S. Consulate General Almaty, in cooperation with the U.S. Commercial Service and EducationUSA, is organizing the “American Dream” Travel and Education Expo on October 19, 2013 in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The main goal of the event is to promote U.S. education and travel opportunities, and educate visitors that America is accessible and affordable for Kazakhstani families and students. Also, the event intends to promote American brands and products among local target audiences. Visitors will enjoy the opportunity to experience America at the event with American music, travel videos, food, performances and entertainment, including hip-hop dancers and cheerleaders.
Reputable travel agencies will offer vacation package deals to the popular U.S. destinations, while recruiters from 20-30 U.S. universities will promote their schools. In addition, round-trip airline tickets to popular U.S. destinations will be raffled off during the event. Attendance of 2,000-3,000 is expected.
- 15-19 year old youths interested in travelling to and/or studying in the United States
- Parents of these youths - middle to upper-middle class
Coverage: Extensive media coverage is expected in traditional and social media and will develop nonstandard media placement opportunities to promote the event. Furthermore, the event will be promoted utilizing the resources of the U.S. Consulate’s media partners.
- Please send 100-200 brochures to:
c/o Tristram Perry
7030 Almaty Place
Dulles, VA 20189
This is a diplomatic pouch address, so postage will be same as for U.S. domestic mail. Please note that mail sent via the pouch address usually takes about two weeks to arrive, so please mail by October 1 to ensure timely delivery. Also, please advise the Commercial Service team members whose emails are provided below if you intend to send brochures so that CS staff in Almaty can watch for the package.
- Please email Internet links to your downloadable FTP promotional videos so they may be played during the Expo. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posters of any size are welcomed (they will be re-used for future events as well). Give-aways are also greatly appreciated, as they are always popular with consumers at events such as the “American Dream” Travel and Education Expo.
For questions, please email email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; and email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your consideration of this growing market.
U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI), 1401 Constitution Avenue, NW, Mail Stop 10003, Washington, DC 20230; Phone:(202) 482-0140; Fax: (202) 482-2887; Website: www.tinet.ita.doc.gov; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.