TI News: An information service from Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (OTTI)
May 29, 2012
U.S. Department of Commerce
China Business Information Center presents
Catering to the Chinese Tourist Webinar
Date: June 21, 2012 Time: 1:00 - 2:00 PM EASTERN
Tourist arrivals from China are forecast to grow by nearly 200% over the next 5 years, eclipsing arrivals from both France and Germany by 2016. China is number 1 in spending per traveler to the U.S. The average Chinese tourist now spends about $6,000 per trip, up from $3,000 just two years ago. The high growth rate and contribution to the U.S. economy makes China’s outbound tourism market a key component of the President‘s National Export Initiative, which seeks to double U.S. exports by 2015. This webinar will introduce ideas to assist U.S. retailers, hotel operators, tourism development agencies, tour operators, and destination marketing organizations to build a greater understanding of how to serve and increase sales to the growing number of tourists from China.
- What sells and what does not? A look at quality, price, and brands.
- What are the common courtesies and expectations of a Chinese visitor?
- Chinese spending habits and payment preferences, including China UnionPay.
- Overview of U.S.-bound Chinese tourism trends.
- Ask questions directly to the presenters. Benefit from their track-record in working with U.S. tourism industry entities.
- Receive program recording & presentation materials for on-going reference.
Who Will Benefit:
- Retailers, Hotel Operators, Tourism
- Development Agencies, Tour Operators,
- Destination Marketing Organizations and
- Tourist Destination Management Providers
Information & Registration:
Fee: $50, payable by credit card
|For more information, please contact:
||Debra Rogers, Senior Trade Specialist
US Commercial Service, Chicago, Illinois
firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. 312-353-6988
Webinar organized by the China Business Information Center, Commercial Service Chicago and the Travel & Tourism Team