TI News: An information service from the Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (OTTI)
December 13, 2012
Travel through Italy on your way to ITB/Berlin
Participate in SHOWCASE USA-ITALY
March 3-5 in Milan
SHOWCASE USA-ITALY is the only marketing event exclusively dedicated to promote Italian tourism towards the United States. At this, the 16th annual edition, U.S. exhibitors will have the opportunity to meet individually with 25-30 major Italian tour operators. This is an ideal event for new-to-market companies, as well as for repeat exhibitors wishing to reconfirm placements with existing clients and find new ones.
- Two nights hotel accommodations (March 3 and 4), room taxes and breakfast;
- Five meals (dinner on 3/3; breakfast, lunch, dinner on 3/4; breakfast on 3/5); and
- Sightseeing tour of Milan on March 3 in the afternoon.
- Showcase USA-Italy event includes:
- Market briefing and sightseeing tour on Sunday, March 3;
- Pre-scheduled one-to-one appointments with Italian tour operators on March 4;
- Networking reception on Monday evening, March 4, with key tourism industry executives; and
- Free participation or brochure distribution at the Visit USA Association Italy's workshop for travel agents, trade journalists and MICE companies on March 5 (applicable to all exhibitors, except for receptive tour operators).
Tentative Participation Costs (including two nights hotel and all meal plans):
- Basic Rate: USD $2,600 per person
- First-time exhibitor and Visit USA Association Italy's members rate: USD $2,450 per person
- Group Rate: USD $2,200 per person (applicable to groups of minimum 5 participants belonging to the same organization or geographical region)
Sponsorship Opportunities (available on a first-come first-served basis):
- Coffee Break during either Showcase USA-Italy or Visit USA Association
Workshop: USD $500
- Luncheon at either Showcase USA-Italy or Visit USA Association
Workshop: USD $1,500
- Networking Reception: USD 2,500
- Press Conference: USD 1,000
To reserve space or receive more information, please contact:
Simonetta Busnelli, Commercial Specialist at U.S. Commercial Service, Milan, Italy
Tel: +39-02.6268.8505 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Travel & Tourism Team Leader Anastasia Xenias - Email: email@example.com.
Registration deadline: January 25, 2013
Why Might the Italian Market Interest Your Organization?
With over 800,000 annual visitors to the United States, Italy is Europe's 4th largest market and the 10th worldwide. 60% of the travelers to the U.S. listed leisure/vacation as their main purpose of trip in 2010. Total expenditures were up 7% in 2010, the best performance from the top European markets. Most visited destinations by Italians are: New York, California, Florida, Nevada, Washington, DC, Massachusetts, Arizona, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. Other destinations with increasing sales potential: Hawaii, New England region, Puerto Rico, Rocky Mountain International region, Texas, Travel South region, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
We look forward to having you as an exhibitor at Showcase USA-Italy 2013 in Florence!
For more information about international inbound travel from Italy to the United States, please visit: http://travel.trade.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2011_Italy_Market_Profile.pdf
Industry & Analysis' Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI) collects, analyzes and disseminates international travel and tourism statistics for the U.S. Travel and Tourism Statistical System. To view the OTTI U.S. departure data tables that provide monthly estimates of U.S. air travel abroad by world region and the rate of change each month and year-to-date, please visit: http://travel.trade.gov/view/m-2012-I-001/table4.html
U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI), 1401 Constitution Avenue, NW, Room 1003, Washington, DC 20230; Phone:(202) 482-0140; Fax: (202) 482-2887; Website: www.tinet.ita.doc.gov; Email: OTTI@trade.gov